So, you always hear what you ‘should’ do when selling your home, but what about what you ‘shouldn’t’ do? Let us help you out a bit with a few tips.
1) When de-cluttering, that does not mean that you can stuff your mess into other closets. Buyers open closets, cabinets and anything with a door connected to it. If you’re going to do it, do it right.
2) DON’T EVER try to mask a smell with another smell. No one wants to smell a rose scented dog!
3) Don’t leave a ‘honey do list’ for the buyer and call it ‘turn key ready’. That’s one of the biggest lies told!
4) Don’t allow your realtor to post ‘lie pictures’ of your home. If it’s close to a busy highway or a garbage dump, then show it in the picture. No one wants to waste their time coming all the way to see your house when there’s something they should have known in advance.
5) Don’t try to ‘band-aid’ a problem in your home. Trying to hide a carpet stain with a rug? It will only cause trouble for you in the end. Expose it up front and if the buyer loves your home enough, it can be worked out. If you try to trick someone into buying your home, you’ll kill the deal every time. They’ll just wonder what else you are trying to hide.
For more tips of what to do and not do in order to sell your home, give us a call today. We offer free listing consultations and comps on what your home is worth. With our staging expertise and professional photographer, our listings have been flying off the shelf. We can be reached at 859.991.9035 or visit our website at http://www.voriesteam.com to list your home ASAP. Beat the crowd and list before the spring rush!